As a B2B startup in the insurance space, the conference circuit is a really important strategy of ours. Although 90% of the conferences we attend are industry-specific, we knew that we had to go to Startupfest and that we wanted to do something big! The team and I spent months brainstorming with the Startupfest team about what we could do that would make a big impact and help officially introduce Breathe Life to the Montreal startup space.
Jumping back a bit
When myself, JN, Seb, and Arach were launching Breathe Life we knew that this would be a different kind of startup. We knew that we wanted to go about things a different way. We spent extensive amounts of time figuring out the type of leaders we would be and put together a list of values that we would turn to time and time again as we launched and scaled Breathe Life. Alongside this, we made a commitment to build a company where health and work-life balance were a priority. If you’re going to the Founding or Funding workshops at Startupfest, I’ll be giving a talk all about this at 11:25 am on Wednesday and if you can’t make it stay tuned for the slides and a blog about it next week.
Back to Startupfest
After several back and forths brainstorming how to best get involved, we settled on Wakeupfest.
Wakeupfest is an early morning yoga and dance party. We all know Startupfest can be a wild few days of networking, pitching, learning, recruiting, and more, so we thought, why not help everyone get their day started in a positive and healthy way.
Come prepared to align your chakras with a few sun salutations and vinyasa flows, or if yoga isn’t your thing, you can get your heart pumping while dancing to the beats of some local DJs. A lounging and chill-out zone will be set up with a healthy breakfast and an assortment of juices and kombucha so you can replenish your electrolytes and be ready to jump into your Thursday at Startupfest.
The Practical Info
- It’s all happening this Thursday morning from 6:30 am to 8:30 am. Yoga is taking place in the blue tent and the DJ’s and breakfast will be in the main zone.
- Wakeupfest is free to attend for everyone who has a Startupfest pass.
- The flows will be more focused on stretching as we know you’ve got a full day ahead of you and don’t want everyone to worry about bringing a change of clothing. There will also be a freshening up station in the yoga zone.
- If you have a bag with you there will be a safe space to leave it on-site as well as Locketgo lockers available for reservation through the
- The early birds will get rewarded with some prizes from Bota Bota and Nomad
- The easiest way to get to the festival is by metro to Parc-Jean-Drapeau (the on-island shuttles will be running as of 6:00 am), by Bixi, or by Uber. The shuttles from Square Victoria and Notman House only begin at 7:30 am.
- Mats are provided so don’t worry about lugging that around!
See you there ✌????